Phone says No Service or you Cannot make calls
If your Phone says No Service or you Cannot make calls, there are several possible causes. These quick steps resolve the issue most of the time.
- Make sure internet works. Ensure that other devices on the network have internet connectivity.
- Make sure the internet is plugged to the Internet Port of your phone, NOT the PC Port.
- Please try rebooting the phone. If your phone is connected to an AC Adapter, please unplug it, wait 5 seconds, and plug it back in. If your phone only has an Ethernet Cord (POE) Please unplug this cord, wait 5 seconds, and plug it back in.
- If you are tech savvy, in some cases, a reboot of the router can help. Unfortunately, some routers are notorious for “partially working” after being on for extended periods. Some devices may have internet while others simply don’t, until the router is rebooted. This could also happen after a power outage.
- Contact support for further assistance.
- If you have a Yealink phone, a Factory reset can help. (Confirm with support if it is OK to do so first if possible.)
Note: If this is a new installation, make sure your router or firewall is not blocking required ports. Please refer to EMAK Telecom Ports and IPs to Whitelist.
Hopefully, your issue is solved by the time you reach the end of this article!
Posted on March 4, 2021